XAVIER’S SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
St. Xavier’s was established in 1869 by the Jesuits in the neo-gothic building it occupies to this day. Fragments of its history are visible in the corridors of the primary section in the form of stuffed hunted animals shot by priests during the British Raj. This collection is almost like a museum and second only to the BNHS section at the Prince of Wales Museum, Rumbas. Notable among these is the butterfly and bird collection on the first floor and the stuffed tiger on the third floor. The tiger was donated by the Maharaja of Vanzra, Gujrat who was an ex-student of the school. The butterfly and bird collection is the work of Brother Navarro, a Spanish Jesuit and a naturalist who was associated with the school. At one corner of the primary quadrangle a section of a ship’s propeller which landed there at the time of the Bombay Harbour Explosion of 1944.
It gives me immense pleasure to address you as President of the Xavier’s School Alumni Association on the countdown to the 150 years celebrations of this school’s glorious existence.
It is indeed an honour to be an alumnus of this great institution which has produced many great sons of India who have excelled in their chosen profession and have brought immense glory to themselves, to the nation and to this school.
News & Updates
180608 Appeal Letter to Xavierites At Xavier's we are sure our exstudents would help these projects to fruition.read more
SXHS, Fort has once again secured 100% pass results in the 2018 SSC board examination. Hearty congratulations to one and all, especially the Students, Staff and Principal of our beloved School.read more
One more Xavierite bags the Times Healthcare Achiever Award. Dr. Keki Turel, eminent neurologist and neuro-surgeon is an alumnus of the 1962 batch. He is attached to the Bombay Hospital and has rendered yeoman service in the field of neurology. Indeed Dr. Turel...read more
Dr. Milind Kirtane, Class of ‘63, received the Times Healthcare Achiever Award last evening!read more